Monday, June 8, 2015

Looking to the Future Entry #3

I recently watched a clip from the movie Wall-E and it showed how us as humans would be in the future. It showed us all being completely out of shape, lazy and overall useless. I really hope that isn't what's in store for us. I'm sure the movie is trying to tell us that we are slowly getting lazier by things getting easier and easier for us. For example online shopping, these days you can buy clothes, electronics, furniture, even groceries online. Although it may be easier for us, it also does make us lazier because we aren't willing to go to the store ourselves to get what we need. At time I'm sure it may seem more convenient but it's really us taking the easy way out. I can only imagine how much more things will advance in the future. I do believe that in Wall-E the outlook they show of the future is a real possibility. But clearly it's ultimately up to us on if w will allow it to happen, or if we're going to do something to make sure that doesn't happen.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that we do have the capability to purchase products online, and we are getting pretty close to the reality, that we are becoming lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The future happen a few decades ago. We became lazy when cars were available to the masses. Next came ready to eat food and drive-thru restaurants. I been to many countries and the USA is one of the few that has endless drinks and over sized food portions. Change is constant but we have become lazy as well. Most kids in the classes talk about games or tv shows- Like WALL-E - trying to find my way around people lost in technology.

    ReplyDelete